Sunday, May 25, 2008

Pathetic

Today I arrived in Odense on the island of Fyn for a little visit with my granny. I'm here without the fam, since I'm supposed to get some real studying in. I was doing pretty well, until I had to go to church, as one of my friends was coincidentally being ordained as a priest today in this very town. It was great to see such a unique event, and Christina looked beautiful and radiant in her new priestly robes. The priest who christened Halfdan was also there for the ceremony, so I got to say hi to her too.

Afterwards, I rushed home to a lovely granny meal of meat, potato and sauce, we played a game of Scrabble over a few glasses of wine, then topped it off with some Danish apple cake and a few glasses of port. I should do this more often!

The reason I am pathetic, is because I am now sitting on her rollator in a far corner of the house, close to a window overlooking the neighbour's house, mooching off his wifi connection because I had early symptoms of e-mail withdrawal. I am now satiated, have no more excuses, and will retreat to my room with my book on minority litterature. I may take a glass of port with me.

No comments: